I liked making this pouch and it wasn't really difficult. A few things that I might comment on... definitely use the mid-weight interfacing. When I went to the fabric store, the girl that was helping me didn't seem to understand that I wanted medium weight...or else they were out of medium... whatever is the case, she gave me light weight. In the photo, I actually stuffed my pouch with newspaper to give it a bit more shape. I think if I would have had the heavier interfacing it would be perfect.
The only other thing I have to say is that the tutorial could have been slightly more clear. Maybe I am being picky, since I teach a lot of directions and helping students to understand the directions (I realize this is a "thing" of mine...I once got after the girl at the McDonald's drive thru) ... but there were a couple things that I did, that I shouldn't have, but didn't realize until later. It didn't hurt the finished product, but I didn't really realize until I scrutinized the photos and such.
Anyway, I still think it turned out rather cutely!
2 comments:
Sally, this is super cute too! I love it!
Great job on the pouch! You could put a little first aid kit together or small travel items, hand warmers, tissue, toothbrush, and so forth..!
These type of bags remind me of the roller bags my mom used in the late 60's.
Post a Comment