Remember that pile of fabrics from my last post? I made four Mermaiden Dolls! There are two more mermaiden dollies that have green hair. I just couldn't get them to pose for the photo.
They are not actually quite finished, but I won't put the final touches on for a while, so they got their photo shoot now. I still need to sew the hair and fin onto the body and make the little flowers for each of their hair.
The dolls are definitely a little fiddly to make, but turn out oh-so-adorable! They are small little dolls, I think about 7 inches tall. I have a niece that is 3, a step-niece that is nearly 3, a great niece that is nearly 3, and another step niece that is still a wee 8 or 9 months old. I thought these would make great Christmas gifts for all of them. Of course, that's why I had to do a variety of hair colors, too, so that no one would confuse their doll with the others' dolls.
The hair and the fin are supposed to be hand sewn together (to join the fronts/backs). The flannel that I used for the fins was a little ravely, so I ended up machine stitching both the fins and the hair fronts/backs together. They turned out okay. Plus, I figured that the 3 year old set would not be all that critical of the sewing.
Other finishes include:
- 5 hair towels (no photos taken)
- a Circle Zip Earbud Pouch (photo below)
This pouch is a wee pouch, too, but I really like it. I have already been making a list of the fabrics I am going to use to make more of them. They sew up very quickly. It really doesn't take much time at all. You could also use this pouch to hold some change or a few dollar bills.
3 comments:
Those dolls are so cute! Your nieces et. al. are going to love them. I also like the earbuds case that could be so handy in so many ways. Great job!
Angie
adorable little mermaids! I love them. & the earbud case, I have looked at those! Very cute.
Your mermaids are adorable -- I love their hair!
Post a Comment