Friday, June 14, 2013

BLD Towels

This summer, since I have more time I wanted to participate in the Patchwork Please Sew Along, at least for the projects that I really love and can get made :)

I'm really pleased with how the B, L, D Towels turned out: (although this is a bit of a sketchy photo)


All the supplies for the towels came from my stash!  As you can tell, I'm really excited about that.  I had purchased the linen when I was in CA over spring break, all of the fabrics for the letters and dishes/utensils came from my scrap bin.  The binding is some fabric I had purchased when I was making this quilt.  The binding was a bit of a pain to make, since I made enough to bind all three towels, but I had enough left that I might be able to bind a mug rug or a baby bib or something.

I had been thinking that these would make a nice Christmas gift.  However, I decided that I'm going to keep them for myself.  I love the colorful scrappiness and sometimes we just need to make and keep things for ourselves.

6 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwww the towels are cute - I had to look at the bigger picture to see why they were B, L and D towels :D

I agree that we sometimes need to just keep things for ourselves - my girlfriend gave me a sweet Echino print last month and told me I had to use it for something I was keeping, not something I was giving away!

Ellyn said...

absolutely keep them. or mail them to me. either way.... you decide! too too cute

Anonymous said...

They are adorable, very retro. It looks like something from a 50's kitchen. Maybe Harriet Nelson or Donna Reed made something just like it. :-)

Samantha said...

No, no, Breakfast, lunch and tea :P

They're gorgeous, really cheerful!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute towels! So neither of us are going into business to make these for a profit!

Amy DeCesare said...

Such a pretty set - they look great all together!