Thursday, January 23, 2014

Most Recent Make


This is my most recent make.  It is called The Sling Bag.  It is a FREE pattern by Samantha from At Home with Mrs. H.  You can find it here, on Craftsy.  Also, if you head back to Samantha's blog, there are several posts with other testers' bags (and some pattern hacks, too).


I pretty much followed the pattern as it was written.  I did use denim for the exterior, which made the sewing of the handle tabs a bit tricky.  I ended up having to do some judicious cutting in order to get the tabs sewn on.  Thankfully, the judicious cutting is not noticeable now that it's all sewn together.  

Also, I sewed the tabs a little closer to the top edge of the bag.  I didn't so much want a flop over top. Anyway, I really like how the bag turned out.  I used all supplies that I had, with the exception of the magnet for the closure and the zip for the inside zip pocket. Oh, I forgot that I added a tap to the inside, too, with a little swivel clip so that I could clip my keys or whatever on it.


7 comments:

Ellyn said...

cute bag! I'm heading over to check out the pattern now! love yours

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Every handbag should have a key clip inside. :-) That's a great idea and I love the contrasting fabric on the pocket. CUTE!

Sandra :) said...

Oh I like your version - I know one of the testers so when she posted her bag, I went over and downloaded the pattern because it looks quite doable! I like your appliqued flowers, and I think denim is perfect for bags - I hate making bags that get "grungy" looking after being used for a while (even after they've been washed) - the denim will always look nice :)

Brenda said...

Very cute bag. I think I'll try the pattern. I do love the denim.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your NEW bag is beautiful! Colourful flowers on the demin are wonderful and the pattern looks great! x Teje

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your NEW bag is beautiful! Colourful flowers on the demin are wonderful and the pattern looks great! x Teje

Celtic Thistle said...

Nice bag! I like your appliqued flowers.